Thursday, May 29, 2008

My First Fondant


Here is the cake that I helped my friend make for her daughters 5th birthday. The fondant was easy to work with, which I didnt expect. WE used the star cutter to inlay the stars in the stripes. We wernt being to perfect because we only had about 3 hours to do it in. I think it turned out alright.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think its cute. my cake baking skills consist of a 9x13 pan, a box mix and a tub of frosting. So it looks great!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute Heather. You were brave to do the inlay on your first try. It is adorable.

Unknown said...

Told you so!! It's just like play-dough huh? You did great! Nice inlays! I teach that in my fondant and gumpaste class. BTW, I noticed that you have Wal-Mart brand powdered sugar in the background. Do you use that in your buttercream? If you use the C&H brand, you don't have to sift it. It really does make a differance and it's a BIG time-saver. It's only a couple of cents more, anyway. Just a thought. Like i said, you did awesome! Especially for only having 3 hours! I couldn't have done that!