So, we've got Mom's Birthday cake here that I'm sure you have all seen already, but here you go anyway...
The only direction I was given was that Mom's favorite color was purple and that she liked tulips. So this was the result. Well, the cake was VERY purple and the tulips didn't even look like tulips. I ruffled the edges way too much. I was also curious to see what the stripes would have looked like if they were silver instead of gold. The bottom tier was a square turned out nicely but I didn't like it once I put the top tier on. The top tier is a 9 inch (I should haved done 8 inch) round. I had major issues trying to fondant the top tier so I ended up having to cut strips and put it on the way I did because the fondant kept ripping when I tried to cover it. I used Wilton's cutter to make the strips and I just used their embosser tool to put on the stitching detail on each strip. I rolled fondant for the borders and after they were placed on the cake, I painted them with a gold luster dust and vodka mixture. (don't worry, the alcohol evaporates) I also hand painted the stripes and bow gold as well.
There were 14 flowers on top as a tribute to mom having 14 children. The top tier was white cake with a rasberry/amaretto buttercream filling and the second tier was chocolate fudge with an Amaretto buttercream filling.
2 comments:
Beth that cake was out of thid WORLD! you are amazing. really differnt cool looking cakes! I love your style!
This cake was even more amazing in person. Beth you did a great job. My kids were amazed by the gold accents. They didn't think they could eat it.
Post a Comment