Friday, May 9, 2008

Laura's clone



Hey there girly, girls! This is so great, thanks Heather for putting it together. Now we can post our sugary creations without any reservations or snide comments from you know who (derek & doug). This is a cupcake cake that I made for Laura's 1st Birthday. I tried to make it look a little like her. She loved it, she sat and stared at it for like a minute after I finished. She had a confused look on her face and after that she just wanted to eat it. This was super simple and easy, I used fondant for the cutouts. The greatest thing about this was I didn't have to fill any icing bags, or wash them (I hate, hate, hate doing that) Happy baking!

10 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

I love it. it is so cute. it does look like her. what a fun idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, no forks or plates either. When I find the website that has a lot of ideas for this I will send it to you. This is a great way to make extra money with little cost or time. hint, hint.

Anonymous said...

Heather here is the link for the cupcake cakes: cahttp://users.adelphia.net/~suebaum/cupcakecakes.htmke ideas maybe you can put it in your links

Heather said...

The link didnt work. what is the website? could you give it to me again? thanks

Derek and Emily said...

Hey Heather,
If I promise to keep Derek off of this blog, can I be a member? I not very good at cakes, but I did just find a killer recipes for some yummy carmel popcorn.
Emily

Unknown said...

Shelley,

How did you ice the cupcakes in a smooth even layer without them sliding all over the place?? That cake is too cute!!! It totally looks like her! I love the pic on the blog of her biting it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica and Johnnie said...

The love the cake! Laura is too cute!

Heather said...

I resent your invite Emily. I spelled your email address wrong the first time. Thanks for letting me know.