The other week, Lizzy got to go to a "girl" birthday party. (The one I made the purse cake for) Ryan wasn't allowed to go. He was dissapointed but he was so good about it that after I dropped her off, I took Ryan to the Fire Station down the street to see if they would let him see the fire engine. They did that and so much more. They let him climb in, push buttons, climb in the ambulance and they even gave him a fire hat. They were so nice and accomidating even though we hadn't called in advance. So, we made them some special cupakes to tell them thank-you. I made sour-cream chocolate chip cupcakes with an orange buttercream. (I'll post the recipies later, I'm tired) the hats were made from pushing red fondant into these little fireman-hat chocolate molds then triming them once they came out. I just piped on the lettering (I know, I messed it up, Shelley. I think it's supposed to be UDF, right?) and there you go. Super simple. The firefighters loved them.
4 comments:
Beth!
You are so talented. I love the cupcakes!
I'm not sure about the abbreviation, it all depends on the County or Department they are from. But usually it's FD follows the department they are from. Anyway, they are so cute. I want to see the front of the helmet. Did you just ice the front with a number on it?
I piped on outline on the front and then put and "S" for Syracuse on it. Thanks! I'll see if I took a pic of the front and e-mail it to you.
Next time I see you, will you make me some chocolate/orange buttercream cake? It must be really good!! These are just precious.
Post a Comment