Monday, November 3, 2008

The "Terrible Twos" Cake...

So I had a hard time deciding what kind of cake to make for Trevor. I asked myself: "What does Trevor like??" Of course the first thought in my head was "Making messes." ..and then it hit me..."THE TERRIBLE TWOS!! It was so obvious that I'm surprised it didn't hit me earlier. I call Trevor my Beautiful Monster. Everyday he thinks up some way to make the biggest mess possible in the shortest window of time possible so I thought this cake was pretty appropriate.
As you can see, the scene is of Trevor making one of his disasters. He's apparently put his stuffed animal in the sink and turned it on and now it's overflowing, put some keys and a phone in the toilet, unrolled the toilet paper and spilled paint everywhere. Trevor thought it was pretty hilarious. If I had all the time in the world, I would have make some royal icing for the water and had that spilling out of the sink and put it in the toilet but I was lazy so I just painted it blue. The little handles on the paint cans are the only non-edible part and were made out of a really thin wire.