After: (just shows that I really can't wing a cake. It has to be pre designed and calculated to turn out decent)Thursday, August 5, 2010
Thomas cake
Before: ( a little embarassing)
After: (just shows that I really can't wing a cake. It has to be pre designed and calculated to turn out decent)




This is my second attempt at a Thomas cake, and I think I did much better the second time around. You can see the measurments and the math that I used to get it to scale. I started with two 11 x 15 sheet cakes cut and stacked into 4 layers. Then I used my measurments to carve away the excess. It went slowly, but I wanted to be sure not to cut anything off that shouldnt be. Then I did a crumb coat, smothed it and decorated it. I was happy with the way it came out. It wasn't perfect but it was much, much better. If anyone wants a copy of the papers let me know and Ill send them to you.
After: (just shows that I really can't wing a cake. It has to be pre designed and calculated to turn out decent)
Labels:
birthdays,
boy,
cake,
carved cake,
character cake,
fondant,
how-to
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow! what a difference from the first time. I thought you did a great job that time but you really nailed it this time. It just makes me miss you more!
Awesome cake. I love your cakes. Wish I had even a tiny bit of your talent.
Looks fantastic! Yeah, the preperation really does pay off and it actually makes it a lot easier in the long run. You are so, so good. Love the blue cake inside! ;)
Post a Comment