Monday, September 28, 2009
For Heather: The only thing I made from scratch was the ganache (so easy) The chocolate mousse I get from the cake store. I comes in a frozen liquid form and all you have to do is defrost it and whip it to the consistency that you like. Then I flavor it with my oils (I like the chocolate hazelnut) The ganache is just 2 parts chocolate to 1 part heavy cream. Or if you want a thinner consistency you can do 1 part chocolate to 1 part heavy cream. All you do is cut up the chocolate and put it in a bowl. Then you heat up the cream in a saucepan until is simmers. Then pour the cream over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. From there you can either use it to pour over a cake or chill it, then whip it a little to use for a filling. If you would like to use it as a frosting you would whip it a lot more. The cake mix I bought, I always use Betty Crocker. I also bought the chocolate fondant at the cake store. It was the satin ice brand in dark chocolate. I hope that helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment