Thursday, August 13, 2009

Butterfly




Sorry about the mess in the back. We were on a time crunch. Anywho, this is our butterfly cake. We made the butterflies out of gumpaste. We cut them out with a cookie cutter (that I found in the clay modeling section of the store) and hung them hanging half way over the edge of a box in the center to get their wings to dry shaped. Then we painted them with lusterdust and piped royal icing on them. Food coloring pens would work great too if your going for a more graphic look.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Again..AMAZING! Your work is looking a lot cleaner and more technically perfect. You really have a gift with your artistic ability in being able to pick out colors and add dimensions.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how much i love this cake. It has such an artistic touch to it. I want to copy your design and make this cake.

Michelle said...

This was my daughter's cake and she absolutely loved it. Thank you Heather and Gabby for creating it!