Here is the Bee cake from last night.
I know its not perfect. It was definatly a learning experience.
What I learned:
Dont put too much frosting on under the fondant - such a mess
Dont spray the fondant with water unless you want spots
Use a firm cake for carving
Chill, Chill, Chill the cake
Make sure your cake stand is big enough
If it doesnt look right do it over again
If you use cheesecake as a filling freeze it to set not refrigerate
If you are doing a 3 layer cake it is best not to put too much filling in so that it doesnt all squish out when you layer it.
Do everything up to your crumb coat the day before and get a babysitter
Lemon-Lime Cheesecake Cake is the best flavor combo in the world!!
3 comments:
Wow! I cant believe you made that cake. It's adorable.
That is SO stinkin cute, Heather! I love the design! I'm glad you learned so much! Did you put supports in the cake? You did awesome. Did you totally win?!
I loved this cake in Relief Society. It was the best looking cake and then it was the best tasting cake. Please send me your recipe.
pamperedmichelle@juno.com
I posted your cake on our family blog and my extended family loved it as well.
here is that link:
www.lewisnclark.blogspot.com
Post a Comment