Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First Fondant




So I had some problems with the icing that I chose to use instead of buttercream. It was too heavy and slippery. But with the mir

ical of refrigeration I got it to work for me. This is a 6 in topper cake and cupcakes. It is for out Activity Day recognition night tomorrow. I used ribbon fondant roses for the cupcakes. I think it turned out really good for my first try. Ill take pictures of the setup tomorrow at the activity. I definatly learned a lot about the fondant. It dries A LOT faster than I thought it would. And I need to use a little shortning when starting to make it last a little longer and not crack. Oh and you can really reuse scraps after the second or third time without a lot of cracking and tearing. Putting the white layer of fondant on the cake was easier than I thought. There is one fold in the back but its covered by the green ribbon. I would definatly be a little bolder with the green color but oh well. I am pleased with the turnout.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Like I said before, SO, SO cute! And I can't believe this is the first time that you've worked with fondant. It is really good. I can't wait to see it all set up.

Anonymous said...

Heather! Oh my gosh it is so cute! I love the CTR on the top. The bow turned out great, I love the colors.

Lizzy said...

That bow looks awesome!