Sunday, July 20, 2008

SWISS MERINGUE!!!

You guys have GOT to try this recipe for Swiss Meringue Buttercream!!! It is SOOOO silky and super, SUPER light. It is so awesome to work with. It spreads beautifully and gives your buttercream cakes a beautiful finish. It's almost like a moose but a lot silkier. A ton of pros like Collette Peters and Elisa Strauss (top NY cake decorators) use the SM Buttercream. I flavored mine with a creme Broquet(sp?) (pronounced: broke-A) flavoring which is a combination of lemon, orange, almond (go easy on the almond) & vanilla. I don't know the ratio of each flavor, your gonna have to guess or look on Google. It's not a complicated recipe, it's just different. I don't think I'll ever go back to the old way.


Here is a website you might want to check out her videos for some neat tips:



Also, take a look at this page. It's a chat with THE Collette Peters and gives some great tips:



Here is Duff Golman's SM B/C recipie:



Here's a recipie for marshmellow fondant:



Happy Baking Everyone!






No comments: